Fun Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
From carpool queen to grilled cheese extraordinaire, our moms have worn a thousand different hats just to make us happy and help us do our best.
The only downside? This makes picking out a Mother’s Day present nearly impossible. What do you get the woman who has it all figured out? What gift could possibly thank you for all that she has done? While your mom will ultimately love any gift you give her (we’re pretty sure she still has that macaroni necklace you made her in third grade), what your mom wants more than anything is to just spend time with you.
So, this Mother’s Day, save the vases, sweaters, and chocolate – spend the day catching up with your mom instead. Here are some ideas for spending quality time with your mama:
- Go on a fun run or walk: Get some fresh air and exercise while spending some quality time together. Plus, you can make this activity as long or short as you want: some cities even offer organized races for all kinds of distances and speeds. To make it extra fun, dress up in matching outfits or go on a “color run,” a paint race where runners are painted in every color of the rainbow.
- Look through old photos: If you can, find some old albums and leaf through them with your mom. This simple activity will bring back all the good memories you and your mom have shared together and remind you just how important you are to each other.
- Take her to brunch: Yes, this may be the cliché Mother’s Day activity, but it is so popular for a reason. The last thing your mom wants to do on her special day is wake up and immediately start cooking. So, grab a mid-morning bite with your mom to give her a break from the breakfast duties.
- Visit a local farm or garden: Depending on how involved you want to get, you could go to a real farm and pick your own veggies, or simply visit a local farmer’s market and explore together. For extra mom
time, cook kmspico dinner for your family with the fresh veggies you bought at the market.
- Treat yourselves to a massage: Enjoy the ultimate state of relaxation by having a massage day together. Not only will you get to spend some one-on-one time with your mom, you both will get to de-stress as well!
Spending time together is ultimately the best gift of all. Our moms have done so much for us without asking for anything but our love in return. And this Mother’s Day, show them how much you care by taking some time from your busy life to slow down, de-stress, and catch up with your mom.
Photo credit: huffingtonpost.comShare